If you are looking for city or county information, use the guided search in the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder (http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/guided_search.xhtml) and follow these steps.
- If the "Guided Search" doesn’t start with the "1 Start" at the top, click "1 Start".
- Choose "I’m looking for information about housing" – click 'next'.
- (At this point, a box will appear on the right with a blue heading called "Your Selections". Anything you select will be dropped into this box. Click on an 'x' to delete a selection.)
- On the left, click on the plus sign for "Physical Characteristic" – choose "Heating Fuel" – click 'next'.
- At the first bullet: Type in the city and state, or county and state, or the zip code – a dialog box will drop down with more choices to further define what you want – click 'go' and 'next'.
- At the second bullet: Use this option if you would like one or more geographic areas – click 'add to your selections' and click 'next'.
- Choose "Skip this step".
- Choose "House Heating Fuel".