Learn About Wind Energy Opportunities...
Webinars Help Nebraskans Understand Wind Issues
The Nebraska Energy Office has posted a series of webinars on wind energy to help people better understand the issues involved in generating electricity from wind in the state. The latest webinar from the University of Nebraska Lincoln Biological Systems Engineering Department webcast on Public Involvement and Land Issues Relating to Wind Projects was held December 18, 2009.
In addition, the Energy Office lists many other wind-related webinars on its web site covering subjects such as
The UNL-sponsored webinars are a good source of information for those who may be thinking of installing wind turbines on their property or for others learning about wind energy and its role in providing electricity to areas of the state where conventional transmission systems may be cost prohibitive.
- Public Involvement and Land Issues Relating to Wind Projects — December 18, 2009
- Understanding Wind Energy Land Leases — November 18, 2009
- Managing Your Expectations: Sizing a Small Wind Turbine to Your Load — October 15, 2009
- Net Metering, and Wind Energy Legislation in Nebraska — June 26, 2009
- Wind Energy Development: Key Financial Considerations — February 27, 2009
- Basics of Farm/Residential Small Wind Turbines — February 13, 2009
- Common Land Owners Questions on Wind Lease Contracts: Developing New Tools for Landowners — February 13, 2009
- Wind Power 101: Wind Turbines, Wind Farms and Land Contracts — May 30, 2008
Energy Office Home
Security, Privacy & Accessibility Policy
State of Nebraska Home