Light Emitting Diode, or LED, lights have a number of benefits over conventional holiday lighting:
- Energy efficiency. Mini-lights use 10 times as much energy as LEDs. C-7s use 100 times the energy of LEDs.
- Long life span. Can operate for up to 100,000 hours indoors; 50,000 hours outside. Some LED lights will last up to 20 years.
- Safety. Cool bulb temperature means no chance of combustion.
- Sturdy bulbs. The epoxy lenses are virtually indestructible.
- Easily strung together. Up to 25 strings can be connected end-to-end.
- Lamp replacement. If a bulb goes bad, the others remain lit.