Got a Problem?...
Where to Send Natural Gas Utility Complaints

Contact Information

Nebraska Public Service Commission
1200 N Street, Suite 300, Lincoln, NE 68508
Phone: 402-471-3101
Toll Free: 1-800-526-0017 (Nebraska Only)
TDD: 402-471-0213
Fax: 402-471-0254
Web site:
Last May, Nebraska joined the other states in the way natural gas utilities are regulated. The state's Public Service Commission's regulatory authority was extended to include investor-owned natural gas systems.

Historically, cities and villages regulated the rates for investor-owned utilities that provided natural gas to people within the town's boundaries. There was no local or state regulatory authority for rural natural gas users. Municipally-owned natural gas systems were regulated the same as locally-owned electric utilities: by city councils and village boards.

Now, if you have a complaint about your natural gas service you can contact the Public Service Commission which recently added a complaint form that is available online at
Home    Energy Loans    Energy Statistics        State of Nebraska Home    Disclaimer    Webmaster