Coming in May and June...
As part of the agency's commitment to provide on-going energy building codes training for the compliance, construction and design industries in Nebraska, a series of seven specialized, no-cost workshops are being held in May and June:
- REScheck and COMcheck, May 21 in Lincoln (1/2 day sessions) and May 22 in Omaha
REScheck will be in the morning session and COMcheck in the afternoon session. These workshops will focus on the use of the REScheck and COMcheck evaluation tools to demonstrate compliance with the Nebraska Energy Code / 2009 International Energy Conservation Code. The trainer will also discuss changes in the 2012 IECC.
- 2012 IECC Fundamentals, June 11 at Mahoney State Park (All day session)
This training will provide code officials and builders with a better understanding of 1) the energy efficiency benefits associated with the 2012 IECC, 2) the minimum compliance requirements included in the Code and 3) the inspection and design options available to ensure the benefits of compliance. The training will include but not be limited to:
- a review of the general topics covered in the 2012 IECC;
- discussion of applicable tables in the 2012 IECC and how they relate to specific situations;
- application of the code to real-world situations;
- explanation of the intent behind code requirements;
- identification of borderline scenarios as compliant or not compliant; and
- identification of essential code components for designing energy-efficient building thermal envelopes; energy-efficient mechanical design principals; and electrical power and lighting systems.
And two never before offered workshops:
- ASHRAE 90.1 May 20 at Mahoney State Park (All day session)
- Right-sized HVAC Design — The Missing Ingredient in Most Homes June 4 at Mahoney State Park (All day session)
Additional workshop details will be available later in the April. Reservations will be required to attend. At this time, pre-registrations are not being accepted. All previous workshop attendees will be invited to register in April. For more information, contact Danielle Jensen at Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.471.3360.
Energy Office Home
Security, Privacy & Accessibility Policy
State of Nebraska Home